What is the most popular free slot game?-Ricky Martin sues nephew, alleges million

Ricky Martin poses for a photo in Puerto Rico’s capital San Juan on Jan. 27, 2020. AP PHOTORicky Martin poses for a photo in Puerto Rico’s capital San Juan on Jan. 27, 2020. AP PHOTO

SAN JUAN: Puerto Rican superstar Ricky Martin on Wednesday (Thursday in Manila) filed a lawsuit against his nephew, accusing him of extortion, malicious persecution, abuse of law and damages stemming from false allegations of sexual abuse.

Martin's lawyers said the claim by the nephew, which he has since recanted, has cost the singer millions of dollars in lost income.

The lawsuit filed in the United States' territory's Court of First Instance alleges that Martin has been "persecuted, besieged, harassed, stalked and extorted" by his "troubled" nephew for economic reasons. It further alleges that if the nephew does not obtain any financial benefit, he would continue to "assassinate the reputation and integrity of the artist."

The lawsuit contends the harassment has continued even though Martin's nephew, identified as Dennis Yadiel Sánchez Martin, admitted under oath in July that he had never been sexually assaulted by the artist.

Sánchez had previously taken legal action against his uncle based on those false allegations, which prompted a judge in Puerto Rico to issue a restraining order against Martin in July that a court later suspended.

Get the latest news
delivered to your inbox Sign up for The Manila Times’ daily newsletters By signing up with an email address, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Those allegations cost Martin at least $10 million in lost income as a result of canceled contracts and projects, as well as $20 million in damages to his reputation, according to the lawsuit.

The attorney who represented Sánchez in that case could not be immediately reached for comment. It wasn't clear if she would also be representing Sánchez in Wednesday's lawsuit.

The lawsuit stated that from October 2021 to January 2022, Sánchez would send up to 10 messages a day to Martin, the majority of them "meaningless diatribes without any particular purpose."

It also accused Sánchez of publishing Martin's private number on Instagram, which forced the singer to change his number.

Several months then went by without Sánchez sending a message until he requested the protection order in July against Martin, according to the lawsuit.

It also said Sánchez falsely alleged he had had a romantic relationship with Martin for seven months and that the "Livin' La Vida Loca" singer supposedly did not want the relationship to end and kept calling Sánchez with frequency.

"Nothing further from the truth," the lawsuit added.

It also said two restraining orders had previously been filed against Sánchez in an unrelated stalking case.

LiveCasino
Previous:Congressman not spared in call, text scam; loses P10K – Manila Bulletin
Next:Ajax v Rangers: Can Dutch giants build again after Antony & Ten Hag exit?